Course 400C: Principles of Real Estate AppraisalThis course enables participants to demonstrate a basic knowledge of the valuation process and its components.
Course 400C: Principles of Real Estate Appraisal
This course enables participants to demonstrate a basic knowledge of the valuation process and its components. Two case studies (residential and commercial) are utilized throughout the course. At the conclusion of this two-day course, participants will be able to:
- Express an understanding of basic real estate terms and principles.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the valuation process and its components.
- Discuss the definitions of, and steps in, each of the three approaches to value (cost, sales comparison and income capitalization).
- Solve problems that show an understanding of the three approaches to value.
- Types and Uses of Appraisals
- Types of Value
- Area and Site Analysis
- Highest and Best Use Analysis
- Sales Comparison Approach
- Reconciliation and Final Value Determination
- Introduction to Partial Acquisitions
- Economic Principles
- The Appraisal Process
- Market Analysis
- Cost Approachn
Course Tuition Includes:
Canadian USPAP (the “Standards”)
Who Should Take This Course:
This course is ideal for new appraisers, for individuals contemplating entering the appraisal field and for experienced appraisers in need of a refresher course.
Course 219: Introduction to Presentation, Instruction and Facilitation
Instructor - Janet Walker
Course 603C: Understanding Environmental Contamination in Real Estate
Instructor - TBD
Course 225: Social Ecology
Instructor - Kevin Priester
Course 421C: The Valuation of Partial Acquisitions
Instructor - TBD